This is especially true in an age of diversity. Low context cultures are not known for their ability to tolerate or understand diversity, and tend to be more insular. Monochronic vs Polychronic. Monochronic cultures like to do just one thing at a time. They value a certain orderliness and sense of there being an appropriate time and place for ... The numbers reflect a significant overestimation of the number of black Americans benefiting from the largest programs. Medicaid had more than 70 million beneficiaries in 2016, of whom 43 percent were white, 18 percent black, and 30 percent Hispanic. Here are 13 stereotypes about the USA that are true and another 12 that are simply not. 25 TRUE: The US is Not Culturally Aware. via:Ball State Daily. A lot of the world sees people from America as pretty self-centered and only focused on the United States without much knowledge of what is going on in the rest of the world. This goes back to ... When you are true to yourself, you allow your individuality and uniqueness to shine through. You respect the opinions of others but do not conform to stereotypes, or the expectations of others. Being true to yourself takes courage. It requires you to be introspective, sincere, open-minded and fair. It does not mean you are inconsiderate or ... 10 Stereotypes Indians Are Tired Of Seeing In Western Films And TV. While brown-skinned characters from India and its neighbors have been featured in English films for a long time, they often fall prey to stereotypes. Arabs as Villains and Terrorists . There is no shortage of Arab villains and terrorists in Hollywood films and television programs. When the blockbuster “True Lies” debuted in 1994, starring Arnold Schwarzenegger as a spy for a secret government agency, Arab American advocacy groups staged protests in major cities, including New York, Los Angeles, and San Francisco, because the film ... They’re not all true. English people don’t really whinge that much. The French aren’t that snooty. Brazilians aren’t all amazing footballers. But when you travel, you do find out that there are some national stereotypes, some horrible clichés, that actually ring true. But the stereotypes do persist. The show's most famous character, Jack McFarland, is flamboyantly feminine. Northwestern University psychology professor Michael Bailey has spent years studying ...
2022.01.20 20:55 thecrazednutter Are mining engineering stereotypes true?
The program is perceived as being weaker and less intense. I can't say I care or believe it, but many do.
The stereotype of a mining engineering would be a big tall lad with a belly who likes to hunt. And that they are ugly, obese and drink too much. Also, some would think mining engineering students are less intelligent than students who major in civil engineering, economics or even commerce/business. Are these stereotype true? Are mining engineers a bit "proleish"?
submitted by thecrazednutter to mining [link] [comments]
2022.01.20 20:55 Plane_Secretary9462 I’ve been eyeing this hoodie for a year and I finally found it but it seems a little sketchy. Is it fake????
|submitted by Plane_Secretary9462 to Golfwang [link] [comments]|
2022.01.20 20:55 OddGuidance907 Officially diagnosed autistic people only: do you consider yourself disabled or part of the disability community, on the basis of being autistic?
2022.01.20 20:55 Bertsies Pickups today!
|submitted by Bertsies to Wallstreetsilver [link] [comments]|
2022.01.20 20:55 Trjhkn West Village Suites allow pets?
2022.01.20 20:55 WizardBaraccus [XB1] H: B2550bs Enclave flamer fully modded and a V50c25 fixer W: B50c25 fixer OR handmade
|submitted by WizardBaraccus to Market76 [link] [comments]|
2022.01.20 20:55 Xcavor Only took 32 years to finish it.
|submitted by Xcavor to gaming [link] [comments]|
2022.01.20 20:55 susgroundsofc backroom created by ai
the wombo ai made this custom backroom
submitted by susgroundsofc to backrooms [link] [comments]
2022.01.20 20:55 DonRemus 4th ever Uber run and a 3/20/20 torch. The druid player is v happy lol
2022.01.20 20:55 Maximusbk20 1 fan is not changing rgb, somebody knows how to fix it? Waterforce x240
|submitted by Maximusbk20 to gigabytegaming [link] [comments]|
2022.01.20 20:55 bburgers9 I fixed Yasuo and Yone and it took me all of 5 seconds
The folks over on the Riot balance team seem unable to wrap their tiny minds around why it is exactly that people don't seem to enjoy playing against the windshitters. The reason they are unable to understand this concept is because they're literally all bronze (that is not a joke, for those of you who don't know, the majority of Riot's balance and design teams are in extremely low elo). Upon deep reflection for all of 5 seconds, I came to the realization that people don't like playing against these champions because no matter how hard you shit on them, they are going to be relevant at two items once they get Shieldbow -> IE. These are supposed to be "late-game champions" and yet they can be 0-10 at 25 minutes but as long as they have those two items they will be relevant and there's nothing you can do about it.
As it turns out, there's actually a really simple fix for this (who would've thought?). All Riot needs to do is change IE's passive so that instead of getting the bonus crit damage if you have 60% or more crit, you don't get it until you have at least 3 items that give you critical chance. Boom. Done. Yasuo and Yone now spike at 3 items like they should. And yes, I'm fully aware that both of their winrates would tank on the patch that this change is released, which is why Riot would have to do some rebalancing on their numbers and such to bring them back up to a decent winrate. This change would only affect Yasuo and Yone, it would leave every single other champion that builds crit completely untouched. And there's even a chance that their winrates wouldn't take that much of a hit. I've seen plenty of windshitter players that build mortal reminder second and don't get IE until third item anyways. They still get 100% crit off two items so it's still a pretty significant two item spike (and earlier), just not as overpowering as IE.
It's pretty sad that the simple fact that I'm gold makes me more qualified to balance this game than 90% of Riot's balance team.
submitted by bburgers9 to leagueoflegends [link] [comments]
2022.01.20 20:55 Mastayn Help! Is a hamster right for me?
I have done tons and tons of research, so I'm set in that department, but I'm still having trouble committing to actually getting a hamster.
I am a very anxious person and tend to have bad nights (literally at night) so I'm looking for something like an ESA but also just a cute pet to take care of when I'm doing okay.
I want a cat, but because I live in a dorm room 2 hours away from a home that already has a cat and dog, that's not really feasible. In comes a hamster, a bit more doable.
Because of my anxiety, I'm having a terrible time figuring out if getting one will be a good thing or a giant regret. I'm totally willing to do the taming work and cleaning (I love to arrange and keep things tidy).
Anybody have something that can direct me?! I'm so torn.
My worst expectation is that I'll be let down and not care to spend time with them, or they'll be an overwhelming amount of work (more unlikely)
Anyway, that's my spiel.
submitted by Mastayn to hamsters [link] [comments]
2022.01.20 20:55 stonkscar Dracards Booster Contest
2022.01.20 20:55 whotfisyuu IS “COLORS” GONNA DROP 12 EST TIME OR PST TIME?
2022.01.20 20:55 FallCompetitive7976 20-January I am still here
2022.01.20 20:55 Kristiss20 Travelling to UK/covid restrictions?
Hello. Me and my girlfriend are going to travel to the UK next week. We are from EU country, both of us have EU Covid passport and we had 3 vaccines already. Is it enough, or PGR test is mandatory in order to travel there? I know there is a passenger locator that needs to be filled, but do we need to have negative Covid test result as well? Thank you for your answers!
submitted by Kristiss20 to AskUK [link] [comments]
2022.01.20 20:55 Zeioth Basic ranger commands on Termux
Things I managed to do:
- Yank path
Things I didn't managed to do:
- Yank a file - Paste a file - Preview a text file
Could you guys help me with this or copy your dotfiles? thanks
submitted by Zeioth to termux [link] [comments]
2022.01.20 20:55 stew92_ Katya, Luba & Nadiya
|submitted by stew92_ to StrictlyHotties [link] [comments]|
2022.01.20 20:55 AussieDegenerate As more countries legalise and research uncovers benefits across industries
|submitted by AussieDegenerate to weed [link] [comments]|
2022.01.20 20:55 Dresdenlive The Matrix Reloaded: Script vs. Theatrical Cut [Review]
Hey everyone. I picked up the scripts for the Matrix trilogy, and I figured it would be fun to type a short summary of things that I found interesting that (at times) totally differed from the theatrical cuts.
I recently read the working script (this is what the actors had in hand) for The Matrix Reloaded. I’ll leave my notes here. If anyone wants to ask questions, let me know, and I’ll do my best to answer them. [Attachments at the bottom of this post]
Interesting details from the original script of Matrix Reloaded: 1. Neo tells Trinity about their first encounter
When Neo and Trinity go back to their room (during the Zion party scene), Neo tells Trinity that every time she walks towards him, he remembers the first time they met. He then mentions “you scared the shit out of me when I first saw you”. Trinity whispers back “me too”.
2. Neo faintly sees Smith behind Bane’s eyes Little detail I found interesting. The script points out that, for a millisecond, Neo knew something was up when Bane approached him as they were leaving for the Matrix.
3. Chinatown merchants described as peddling “the ultimate simulacra” [Page 46] When Neo heads to the tea house (where he fights Seraph), the script makes mention of the religious imagery being sold on the stands. I thought it was interesting to see the Wachowskis describe this as “merchants peddling the ultimate simulacra, spiritual and historic symbols; once powerful images now reduced to plastic, laminated, bric-a-brac”.
4. Seraph’s code Seraph’s code is described as being “written in the negative, or rather with the absence of light”
5. The Oracle’s code The script notes that the Oracle’s code is identical to Seraph’s gold code.
6. Neo can’t understand “Oraclese”
The script makes note of Neo being a little perplexed when the Oracle says “You didn’t come here to make a choice. You came here to understand why you made it.” It even describes him being dumbfounded listening to her “Oraclese”
7. Neo is tired of being the One On page 53, when the Oracles says, “because you’re the one”, it starts to mention that Neo is starting get tired of hearing this.
8. Neo asks about the first “One” On page 54, Neo asks the Oracle why the war didn’t end when the last “One” made it to the Source. The Oracle replies that “he did what he was here to do. His path is not your path, Neo. Your path, I’m afraid, is much harder”.
9. The Burly Brawl There are so many cool things mentioned in the Burly Brawl. A lot of it did not end up in the film.
- During the fight vs. Neo, Smith absorbs a red pill who is desperately trying to climb over the wall near the basketball court. - When all the Smiths jump on Neo, at the end of the fight, they actually try to copy him as well.
- The ending of the fight is so different. I couldn’t really understand it, so I’ll upload a scan of the page to see what others think. (See attachment right at the bottom)
- Smith copies a passing woman near the end of the fight as well.
10. Meeting the Merovingian
- The scripts describes the Merovingian’s building as a “Cathedral of Commerce”, with people all dressed in the “status quo”.
- Neo tells Trinity to remember that the Merovingian (and everyone around him) are not human. - It’s confirmed that the exiles beside the Merovingian (except for the Twins) are vampires (described as “blood drinkers”)
11. Chateau Fight - When the Merovingian busts through the door to encounter Persephone betraying him, everyone immediately pulls out their guns (including Trinity and Morpheus). Everyone except Neo.
- The car park where the Twins fight Morpeus and Trinity is described as the Merovingian’s personal car collection.
- On page 80, when Neo bleeds during the fight vs. the Merovingian’s henchmen, it describes him as getting into the same state of mind as he was when he fought Smith in the subway. - Neo does a hadouken. Yes, you read right. During the fight. It’s described as: “That we glimpse in Matrix code, his hands swirling the code, exciting it, heating it into a bristling ball of electricity which, he hurls at the incoming attack. A cannon ball that blast one of them back, burying him in the opposite wall”
12. Car park fight/Freeway chase - When Neo flies towards the city, Link says “Man, that up, up and away shit still freaks me out” - When the Twins say “Drop your weapons”, Morpheus originally replied with “I’d rather drop you”. [which I thought was so funny/cheesy lol] - Morpheus’s original line to Trinity, before entering the freeway, was: “Then let us hope I was wrong…for all our sakes.”
- Link prays “there’s gonna make it….they’re gonna make it” during the chase.
- Morpheus is described as using the samurai sword to puncture the wheel of the Twins’ SUV. As it blows up, the script says that there’s a shot of Morpheus floating above the explosion, holding his samurai sword “like a dragon”.
- When Agent Johnson is fighting Morpheus, he tells him: “You have caused too much damage” near the end of the fight.
13. Morpheus’s speech with the Keymaker - Little interesting note. Neo is described as feeling “tremendous pressure” during Morpheus’ speech.
14. Meeting Smith in the hallway
- Morpheus’s original line to Smith, after saying “I want what you want…I want everything” is: “Would that include a .38 calliber slug?” (instead of “Would that include a bullet from this gun?)
- Morpheus empties his gun into the Smiths when they charge at him (to no effect)
15. Neo meets the Architect - I found it interesting that one of the “many Neos” that screams from the TV monitors says: “God is dead!”
16. Neo stops the sentinels - Neo’s move is described as an “individual EMP” ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And that’s that. I’m planning on doing Revolutions soon if there’s interest. Hope you guys enjoyed it.
Attachment 1: Cover Attachment 2: Original End of Burly Brawl
submitted by Dresdenlive to matrix [link] [comments]
2022.01.20 20:55 blaktronium Chia offering cold hard cash to code with Clovyr - The Chia Plot
|submitted by blaktronium to TheChiaPlot [link] [comments]|
2022.01.20 20:55 aFilthyMutt If you do this, you’re a shithead. (Hyde park Walmart)
2022.01.20 20:55 ChampriaRecruitment Junk is out! - Eliminate the Worst DPS (in your opinion) - Round 14 - Strawpoll in comments
|submitted by ChampriaRecruitment to Overwatch [link] [comments]|
2022.01.20 20:55 zorozara Places to buy Lingerie in/around Hamilton?
2022.01.20 20:55 throwaway46773847 I don’t know who to flat share with next year.
I started uni this September and for a couple of reasons I haven’t been around as much as my my flat mates have, so they’ve got to know each other a lot better than I know them. I’ve got a lot of medium friends who I know and go out with but I’m not really close to anyone in this city. My flat mates told me they were sharing a flat next year together and basically said there wouldn’t be enough room for me. So I don’t really know what to do about accommodation next year. Should I try and get closer to them and hope they change arrangements next year or has that ship already sailed and I should focus on some other option? Thanks :)
submitted by throwaway46773847 to Advice [link] [comments]