2021.11.29 06:20 Particular_Jury_6653 Meri…
I feel so awful for Meri. I know that she is a grown woman that can make her own choices, but her life with Kody is all she has ever known. Her relationship with Kody is the epitome of one with a narcissist (not diagnosing). Everything was great at the beginning and now she is waiting around hoping for life to go back to what it used to be. Unfortunately, that never happens.
She may be thinking that now with Christine gone she has a shot at rekindling the relationship. Knowing Kody though he’s going to find a younger wife and she will remain at the bottom of the totem pole…
submitted by Particular_Jury_6653 to SisterWives [link] [comments]
2021.11.29 06:20 Dreadsin Unexpectedly got three big offers in a week. What should I do?
Basically kept getting barraged with recruiter messages. One was a Seattle based company we all know, who seemed a little desperate for employees. I interviewed there once previously. Three different recruiters reached out to me and I got two offers. I didn’t expect jt
Two other big players reached out to me and said that, even though I interviewed in the last year, I was so close I can go again. Probably really needed devs. I am an L5 engineer. I told them I had offers from another company and it was expedited past tech screen straight to onsite. Got offers from both
I have a mild preference for one company over the others. What’s important to me is flexibility and pay. My goal city is Boston or NYC, and I want to avoid the west coast as much as possible.
How should I play this to get the things I’m after?
submitted by Dreadsin to cscareerquestions [link] [comments]
2021.11.29 06:20 blackbutterfly88 Kevin
I loved you, I’m sorry I didn’t trust you, you broke my heart. I was just trying to protect it but it doesn’t seem worth it. I heard you liked that girl at work. You didn’t tell me. You called her and not me. You’re dead and I am 100% guilty. I can never forgive myself. I’m so sorry.
submitted by blackbutterfly88 to UnsentLetters [link] [comments]
2021.11.29 06:20 CebollasSaltado Today on /r/TikTokCringe - "if you say this is art, and all art has meaning, that means I can say that the Holocaust is art, and that means you support the Nazis"
submitted by CebollasSaltado to SubredditDrama [link] [comments]
2021.11.29 06:20 MunkoTheMan the three layer toilet paper thing... why does this happen again?
2021.11.29 06:20 jobsinanywhere "Chelsea were by far the better team"
submitted by jobsinanywhere to sportsnewstoday [link] [comments]
2021.11.29 06:20 404cn How can I display music lyrics in the front of desktop or system menu bar?
If apple music didn't have config about this, where I can start to develop this feature, apple music API or ?
submitted by 404cn to AppleMusic [link] [comments]
2021.11.29 06:20 divine__007 Colabra is hiring Remote Cloud DevOps Engineer Apply Now 👇
submitted by divine__007 to Remoteonlyjobs [link] [comments]
2021.11.29 06:20 Galaxy_4125 Hi! The link is in the comments
2021.11.29 06:20 vicrom246 Man my old guild really be kicking me out of the new event
Does the old guild keep the points when they kick a person out? I really wish they let us keep our points and just move it to the new guild because my old guild kicked me out when I had 173k pumped into it.
submitted by vicrom246 to CookieRunKingdoms [link] [comments]
2021.11.29 06:20 TrendsWide Six new cases of Omicron detected in Scotland as UK labs probe 225 ‘possible’ samples
2021.11.29 06:20 Elektrophorus kill me
2021.11.29 06:20 TrendsWide Atlanta will be at least two weeks without Bogdan Bogdanovic
2021.11.29 06:20 UpperInjury590 Now That's Everything's Cooled Down Let's Actually Discuss: Analysing Twiins Video and Understanding The Problems People Had With Adam Being An Abuser (with politeness and respect)
While a lot of people have made posts about Twiins video they tend to focus on her saying to 'Get over Adam' and her tone. But I want to look at her video from a analytical perspective, and I would also like to counter certain arguments about Adam character as well. Before at start I would like to clarify that I don't think him being a violent activist/extremist was handled well and I agree that he came off way too evil, I just want people to understand why we were annoyed that he wasn't a violent revolutionary. You could argue that it wasn't Adam that was ruined but the White Fang that was ruined due to him being a part of it. But anyways lets go.
One of the first points Twiins makes is that it's wrong for Adam fans to be disappointed by the fact that he was a abuser instead a morally grey violent activist, she does state that the abusive storyline was handled poorly but she says that we can't complain him being a one dimensional abuser. Note all my evidence will be before the scene at Beacon in vol 3 when he fights Blake because that's when I think his character was 'ruined' or changed.
Before I get into my reasoning to why I think this argument is weak it's important to establish what Blake's story was since it's tied to Adam. Blake's story was about racism and peaceful protest vs violent protest. Her facing discrimination due to being a faunus, her being a part of the White Fang and eventually leaving the White Fang and Adam because they had become too violent was some of the first things that we learned about her. Why is this important? Because as Blake's personal antagonist Adam is suppose to confront her ( physically and ideologically) throughout the story, Blake believes or at least wants to believe in peaceful protest while Adam clearly represented violent protest this is shown by the fact that:
- His the face of the White Fang a organisation that uses violence to make a better world for the faunus
- Blake left Adam because his methods of helping the faunus became too violent
So why is Adam not being morally grey anti-hero a bad thing? Because Blake's story falls apart because of it. Adam became someone who didn't even care about the faunus and only focused on Blake thus he can no longer represent violent protest because his not a violent protester. When Blake is confronting Adam she can no longer be challenged about her feelings on peaceful protest meaning that the ideological battle no longer exists when she confronts Adam which hurts the theme of Blake's story makes every engagement with Adam a typical good vs evil story which in turn makes their scences uninteresting.
- Note: But what about Sienna and Ilia? Sienna unfortunately died before she could add anything to the story. Ilia gets redeemed and turns to peaceful protest so she can no longer represent violent protest, plus even if she did it wouldn't change the fact that they handled Adam poorly and made any engagements with him and Blake uninteresting. Finally, Adam was introduced why before Illa and had been a looming presence in Blake's story thus he had more presence than Illa.
Adam story also needed him to be morally grey in order to work his story to work, his using questionable (violence) means to achieve a heroic goal (making life better for faunus), means that the conflict of Blake's story was complex/Not black and white and a complex story requires nuanced characters even if they are a antagonist, so if your a character is using violence to fight against a oppressive system is nothing more than a black and white villain then that's a sign that something has go very wrong, thus him being a one dimensional abuser is a bad thing inherently. Blake story was morally grey, the White Fang was morally grey so assuming that Adam would be morally grey makes sense.
To quote a YouTuber named JaruJaru:
- 'This is like having a jigsaw puzzle were one piece is missing, sure you can't technically know what the missing puzzle piece looks like but by looking at the hole were it goes you can tell exactly what the piece needs to be in order to fit there. That missing was Adam' [Adam Taurus (and Blake Belladonna) Character Analysis - YouTube](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9Xavi8b1z8&list=WL&index=201)
Counter Argument I see coming:
- But the writers are allowed to decide what ideas they want to do not the audience. What's important is Miles and Kerry are writing the story they want to tell well you should critique the execution not the concept. Adam doesn't have to be what you wanted him to be.
Some ideas and concepts sometimes simply don't work in certain types of stories. For example say your making a realistic and grounded war drama but a writer says that he wants to add space alien ninjas into his war drama. Now alien space ninjas are a good idea on their own however they would not make sense in a realistic war drama thus including them would be a horrible idea inherently that would ruin the story because the concept that doesn't work in that type of narrative. Likewise, Adam being a violent revolutionary requires him to be morally grey or at least sympathetic so him being a one dimensional abuser is a poor direction to take him regardless of execution and the fans are right to criticise Miles and Kerry for it. He could have been both a extremist and a abuser so that he has more layers (and you keep the abusive angle while still making him morally grey) but he only became a abuser and that's the problem
In Twiins video she also states that the idea of Adam being was morally grey revolutionary was headcanon and that we were wrong to assume he would be grey, this is a sentiment that shared by a large portion of the fandom.
Firstly, people who said this misunderstand headcanon is:
- Headcanon generally refers to **ideas held by fans of series that are not explicitly supported by sanctioned text or other media**.
- Many fans state that the reason team RWBY didn't trust Ironwood in vol 7 was because of their experience with Lionheart, however this isn't supported by the show itself. In vol 7 chapter 3 when Yang ask whether they are going continue to lie to Ironwood they state that the because of how Mantle looked they couldn't trust him. Leo isn't mentioned as a reason why they should not trust Ironwood and Leo isn't even mentioned in the entire volume. Thus it's headcanon.
Adam being a violent revolutionary is supported by the text.
- Adam: The White Fang is not a organisation for hire. We're a force for revolution. (Quote from vol 3)
- In the Black trailer Blake leaves Adam because he didn't care about human lives this is shown in the train when he doesn't care about the passengers, this was a military train that was carrying weapons from/for Atlas a country that is known to treat faunus poorly. Showing that he was willing to commit terrorist acts to fight places or organisation that hurt the faunus without caring about the lives that get hurt along the way.
- Adam was a leader in the White Fang, a organisation that used violence in order to make the world better for faunus.
- Blake states “I had someone very dear to me change. It wasn’t in an instant, it was gradual—little choices that began to pile up. He told me not to worry. At first, they were accidents. Then it was self-defence. Before long, even I began to think he was right. This is all just… very familiar.” This line shows that he became more and more violent as time went on slowly becoming a extremist. Some say that she talking about being abused (I'll disprove this later).
- Blakes states that 'All my life, I fought for what I thought was right. I had a partner named Adam. More of a mentor, actually. He always assured me that what we were doing would make the world a better place. But of course, his idea of a perfect future turned out to be not perfect for everyone. This shows that him and Blake were trying to make the world a better place (a better place for the faunus) but used violence which would make the world a worse place for humans so Blake is likely talking about their time in the White Fang. People highlight that she calls him a monster but that was because he didn't care about human lives not because he abused her.
Finally, Adam was morally grey by default simply because of what he is even without knowing anything about him. He was using violence because he wanted revenge against humans and in order to create a better world for the faunus that's morally grey by default or at least makes him a sympathetic villain. Another thing that people tend to forget was that violent protest was working, peaceful protest wasn't working which is why the White Fang turned to violence, which makes Adam actions even more grey. Thus this is why we expected Adam to be more than a one dimensional villain. This posts from [Quality\_Chooser](https://www.reddit.com/useQuality_Choose
) sums it up best:
- Adam was morally grey because of his position in the narrative and the world, not because of any aspect of his character or choices. He was morally grey because freedom fighters are inherently morally grey. When CRWBY revealed that he was supposed to be morally black it negated the ambiguity of his role. Adam wasn't ruined per se, the concept of a morally grey WF was ruined by plugging Adam into it.
Some people say that Adam was always meant to be a abuser but there's zero evidence of him being a abuser or in a romantic relationship with Blake in fact what we do get of him contradicts that which just shows that it's not even a issue of it being done poorly it didn't exist until vol 3 which is why people say the writers changed the direction they had for Adam.
Twiins in her video then points to events that show that Adam and Blake were in a relationship or that he was abusive.
She mentions the flashback of when Cinder recruited Adam in vol 3 and saying that their no character. But that very scene tells us something about his character which is that he didn't consider Blake to be a propriety. When the White Fang lieutenant states that he will search for Blake Adam tell him to forget it, implying that he doesn't care about her. If he was so obsessed with Blake why in the world would he tell his men not to sure for her?
She also says Adam and Blake were comfortable around each other and that when she leaves him his sad and uses that as evidence which proves that they were in a romantic relationship, some people in the fandom say this as proof that they were close. But that doesn't mean their relationship was romantic. Friends can feel comfortable around each other, mentors and students can feel comfortable around each, both friends and mentors and students can have such close relationships that they feel sad when the other person has to go. Ironically, the last scene proves that he wasn't abusive, if he was so abusive and obsessed with Blake then way did he late her go? Abusers don't let their abusive victims go they forced them to stay or threaten them Adam should have screamed at her to come back if he was suppose to be abusive.
She sites that this line from Blake proves he was abusive:
- Blake states that he was “I had someone very dear to me change. It wasn’t in an instant, it was gradual—little choices that began to pile up. He told me not to worry. At first, they were accidents. Then it was self-defence. Before long, even I began to think he was right. This is all just… very familiar.”
But this scene doesn't prove he was abusive at all, in this scene Blake is reacting to the fact that Yang hit Mercury even though the tournament was over, in this scene Blake is making a reference to Adam hurting other people (humans) not her. Both Yang and Adam in this situation were hurting innocent people which is why she compared them (it was a illusion I know). Overall it describes Adam going deeper and deeper into violence protest. The only way this could be read as Adam being abusive is if Yang hit Blake when she said this but that never happened.
Blake also calls Adam a mentor in Vol 2 and calls him a friend in vol 3 clearly indicating that they weren't in a relationship. Twiins tries to counter this by saying that that mentor and lover aren't mutually exclusive I agree. But so far there's been no proof of them having a romantic relationship thus mentor and friend is the only canon answer about their relationship.
- Monty in this video clip calls Blake an 'Apprentice' when talking about the Black trailer meaning that if she was the apprentice Adam was the mentor. I understand that the phrase 'It wasn't Monty vision' is used poorly, but Monty was the creator of RWBY and he gave Miles and Kerry ideas so what he says should be considered plus it was in 2013 when the show was new so it shows us what they had had planned for the characters when they started. Take heed to the fact that Monty didn't say that their relationship was romantic when talking about the Black trailer (thus showing their interactions in the Black trailer were not suppose to be read that way). Video: [Rooster Teeth RWBY Interview: PAX East 2013 - YouTube](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lsz4Lv0UEwo&list=WL&index=1&t=584s) (9:42)
- Even the Amity Arena devs say that Adam didn't abusive Blake before volume 3 (even though they call the scene at Beacon when Blake and Adam were fighting abuse) yes their not the writers so you can ignore it if you want but they do have to make character bios for characters in the game and should work closely with Miles and Kerry so it's interesting to mention. [The Amity Arena team responded to a message I sent... (tumblr.com)](https://darnskippytootin.tumblr.com/post/184779281122)
- I understand that she says that this inconsistencies are due to bad writing, but if RWBY is inconsistent about everything else they why can't it be inconsistent about Adam being an abuser?
In her video he also points to Adam not caring about innocent people shows that he was abusive(or that the idea that he was abusive makes sense). But that shows us that he doesn't care about innocent people, you can not care about hurting people while not being abuser not to mention they were humans, that just highlights that his a extremist who doesn't care about humans (Yes I know that he would of killed faunas at the fall of Beacon too but that's just poor writing). Another point I would like to counter was that Adam being in a abusive relationship with Blake is a good thing because now he becomes more than a throw away villain because it gives him a personal connection with Blake. But he already had a personal relationship with Blake he was her mentor, him becoming a one dimensional abuser is less interesting than him using violent acts for a greater goal.
Counter argument I see coming:
- Flashbacks and descriptions of him from Blake shouldn't count because their second hand accounts thus not reliable what matters is his appearance. He didn't have character so their was nothing to be inconsistent about.
This is wrong in my opinion, flashbacks are events that canonically happened within the story itself it just happened before the story beings but they still are a part of it, their not made up and thus should be considered, if that's the case then Cinder's flashback doesn't matter. Their used to tell the audience about events that happened before the plot begins so they are important.
In addition, characterization isn't just what characters do but what other characters say about them, and when other characters say things about a character and it's contradicted with no explanation it's bad writing (unless your tricking your audience).
- Imagine a world were Summer somehow came back or it turns out she wasn't dead. Even though we've never seen Summer we've been told things about her from other characters which told us that she was a 'Super Mom' and was someone who didn't give up and was similar to Ruby. So we have a idea about who she is. Now imagine that when we meet Summer and we see that she doesn't give a crap about her kids, she always gives up and is a psychopath that will kill everything in sight and it turns out she was always like this from the start. Now imagine if we got no explanation for why she like this and we didn't know why people said all those things about her if that was her behaviour.
Would this Summer feel right and be consistent just simply because we only know about her from second hand accounts. If the answer is no then you should have the same attitude towards Adam becoming an abuser. We may have only gotten little pieces of information about Adam and Summer but their still their, he/she didn't have a lot of character but that's not the same as no character.
- Plus, this is fiction so the unreliability that comes with second hand accounts rarely or doesn't exist, because characters have to give a accurate version of characters or events so the audience doesn't get confused. (Unless the characters remembering things incorrectly is a part of the story).
- Also Adam pretending to be violent protester was a retcon and a explanation that came three years later, Adam didn't pretended to be anything he was honest about the fact that he didn't care about humans and was willing to kill them for revenge, that's why Blake left him.
Counter argument I see coming:
- Blake probably wouldn’t want to recount that she and him were a thing.
If Blake wouldn't tell her friends about her dating Adam it should still be shown that they dated throughout the story. Blake in vol 1 didn't want her friends to know that she was a faunas but because of the scene when she was taking off her bow the audience knew.
With that said I wasn't really bothered by Adam's death. Why? Because his character had been misshaped so badly that their was no way to make him better, he can't even be a good one dimensional villain because he was humiliated in vol 5 so I couldn't take him seriously. With him dead the writers can't ruin his character so in my opinion his death was a mercy kill (screw the scar though it was utterly pointless).
I would also like to say that Adam wasn't killed for BB, Adam had been handle poorly and the writers knew it, this is why they wanted to get rid of him along with the White Fang. Him being killed by BB was the best why to do it. Since Yang had beef with Adam so she was the best option to kill him, if w Weiss was the one to fight Adam it wouldn't make sense since they don't care about each other (in a story where the White Fang was explored properly Weiss seeing Adam scar would of been awesome).
Overall, I've gotten over Adam (but Twiins video created new discussions about Adam so I wanted to give my thoughts) but I still understand fans who say his character was ruined/mishandled. I think the main problem with Adam and Miles and Kerry writing as a whole is that they leave things vague, leave things out, don't bother giving important pieces of information and even contradict it. Thus it leaves the fandom with different interpretations of characters and events based on the little pieces of info we do have leading to arguments like this. I don't blame people for thinking Adam was nothing but an abuser because him being a Malcom X archetype was set up poorly. At the end of the day we shouldn't be angry at each, instead we should be angry at the writers for not being inconsistent.
submitted by UpperInjury590
to RWBYcritics [link] [comments]
2021.11.29 06:20 milkspiritedawayran Damn!!! Thanks to y’all that posted about BRUNOHADE on Instagram, I’ve been winning a lot with this dude… he’s so fucking good with his locks!
2021.11.29 06:20 Cavendishelous Even though Morgan Freeman is black, it’s hard to imagine him saying the n word and using Ebonics.
submitted by Cavendishelous to Showerthoughts [link] [comments]
2021.11.29 06:20 alsbackup Am I?
submitted by alsbackup to ShadowBan [link] [comments]
2021.11.29 06:20 EastNo4652 ...
2021.11.29 06:20 qvuxy Someone know the Division 1 rewards?
2021.11.29 06:20 brendt_gd JetBrains creates a lightweight editor called "Fleet" — PHP support coming soon
submitted by brendt_gd to PHP [link] [comments]
2021.11.29 06:20 sighet247 PRIMELE STUDII - Varianta Omicron a coronavirusului pare să aibă efecte moderate asupra sănătății
submitted by sighet247 to MaramuresNews [link] [comments]
2021.11.29 06:20 TrendsWide bearish formation to define direction in the short term
2021.11.29 06:20 fluffykintail Tory MP Sir Geoffrey Cox defends ‘honourable’ second job as lawyer for tax haven
2021.11.29 06:20 bigfatchungusneek Fallout New vegas
Guys found this game recently, really enjoy it. Has anyone heard of it? It a bit like Skyrim but with guns!
submitted by bigfatchungusneek to Gamingcirclejerk [link] [comments]
2021.11.29 06:20 Metalhead-GPT2 Voyager - Vastum [Sweden, 1986]